Why Is There Moisture Inside My Window Glass?
One common window question we get here at The Window Store, W-S Window and Door Co. is "Why is there moisture inside my window glass?"
Moisture between the glass on windows is a common problem that can affect the energy efficiency and appearance of your home. It occurs when the seal between the two panes of glass fails, allowing moisture and air to enter the space. This can cause fogging, condensation, mold growth, and even cracking of the glass.
There are several possible causes of seal failure, such as improper installation, exposure to extreme temperatures, physical damage, or simply aging. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may be able to repair the seal or replace the glass unit. However, in some cases, you may need to replace the entire window.
To prevent moisture between the glass on windows, you should follow some best practices, such as:
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive tools to clean your windows, as they can damage the seal.
- Inspect your windows regularly for signs of wear and tear, such as cracks, gaps, or peeling.
- Maintain a balanced humidity level in your home by using a dehumidifier, exhaust fan, or air conditioner.
- Avoid placing plants, furniture, or other objects near your windows that can block air circulation or generate moisture.
- Hire a professional window installer who can ensure a proper fit and seal for your windows.
Moisture between the glass on windows can be a nuisance, but it can also be a sign of a bigger problem. If you notice this issue in your home, don't ignore it. Contact The Window Store, W-S Window and Door Co. and we can help you find the best solution for your situation.
If you purchased your windows from us, there is a good chance you are under warranty, and the manufacturer will provide a replacement piece of glass, and we can take care of getting it in, and installed, so don't wait, and call us today!